General description of the organization:
Ghiras Al-Nahda is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organization that works to empower people by meeting their basic needs and seeking to improve community stability and resilience.
Purpose of the training:
The overall objective of the training is to build staff capacity in basic and intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications. Trained staff members will further apply their skills in project implementation in the given dynamic humanitarian context, to deliver high quality activity performance.
Description of the training:
GAN is looking for a trainer with experience in Microsoft Office applications (word, excel and PowerPoint) to deliver training to front line employees in Syria.
The mission is to provide a 3-day training on Microsoft Office applications (word, excel and powerpoint). The training will be face-to-face for the team in Syria and the team in Turkey will participate online. The scope of the training program will provide a basic and intermediate level of skills to GAN employees.
The training aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Create effective spreadsheets
- Managing large datasets
- Master the use of some of the most popular and sought after functions of Excel (SUM, VLOOKUP, IF, AVERAGE, INDEX/MATCH and many more…)
- Create a dynamic report with Excel pivot tables
- Header and Footer in Excel (Add, Edit, Delete)
- Introducing the Word opening screen and ribbon functionality
- Placement of vital buttons that are often used to facilitate your work
- Page navigation
- Tips for cutting, copying, pasting and selecting
- Apply predefined styles to text
- The fastest way to copy and paste format
- Paragraph format, alignment, apply borders and background colors
- Apply and control bullets and numbering
- How to use withdrawal types
- A quick way to find, format and replace words
- Various techniques for collaborating with others
- Protect file with password and recover unsaved document
- Layout and Display Ribbon – Header and Footers, Word Art, Symbols and Add Cover Page
- Navigation pane, table of contents, how to use multiple windows
- Update and mark entry for table of contents, footnotes, endnotes, using captions and create index
- Mailings Ribbon – Mailing to Form LETTERS, EMAILS, LABELS, ENVELOPES & Tool Tips
- CHECK – SPELL CHECK AND THESAURUS
- Review Ribbon – Track and accept/reject changes to a document, language and translation, COMPARE DOCUMENTS
- Step by step in creating Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Capture your screen images, insert and edit images
- Quickly add, organize, navigate and edit slides
- Add, edit and overlay shapes, text, images, audio and video
- Insert, cut, merge and bookmark audio and videos
- Create multiple custom slideshows in the same presentation
- Create professional-looking documents for your audience to follow
- View your notes and presentation details on a separate screen using Presenter View
- Update all your slides or certain slide layouts instantly in Slide Master
- Record your presentation and save it as an MP4 video file for automated presentations
- Organize and order or layer your images, shapes and text
- Manage your slides and collaborate more efficiently by grouping them into sections
- Look professional and efficient during your presentation with lots of handy shortcuts
- Record narration and rehearse your presentation times
- New! Screen Recording and Closed Captioning in PowerPoint 2016
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sign a consultancy agreement with GAN and work as a resource person for the three-day training event.
- Discuss and agree with the GAN on the final training package, content and deliverables.
- Design an appropriate training process leading to the desired results.
- Propose the most appropriate training methodology for effective delivery of the mission.
- Get the tools you need for training.
- Satisfactorily facilitate the training and ensure the active engagement of all participants.
- Share relevant training materials and provide any reference materials for further reading and reference by GAN staff.
- Compile and submit a quality training report (electronic copy)
Skills & Competencies:
The resource person/consultant should have the following qualifications and expertise:
- Baccalaureate / Institute diploma in ITE or IE or in any related field.
- Solid Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal communication skills in Arabic.
- Relevant experience in the development and delivery of training modules and materials on Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Child Protection Policy:
GAN aims to create a safe organization for children, but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and guard against overzealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secret atmospheres. GAN’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people aren’t afraid to speak up about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or supplier undertaking any activity on behalf of GAN must sign the Child Safeguarding Acceptance Declaration Form and comply with GAN’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a GAN’s statement of commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
How to register
If you are interested, please fill in the link https://forms.gle/kUtR2ez7BMbGMJ6N8 before October 10, 2022. Please note that the position can be filled before the application deadline.