Creating a PowerPoint presentation that reflects your personal or professional style can be challenging. Although some of the themes offered by PowerPoint are fantastic, some of their backgrounds are less than tasty. Fortunately, you can quickly remove these backgrounds and replace them with your favorite eye-catching graphics.
PowerPoint is Microsoft’s best-known presentation program. Although it was initially developed for Macintosh systems, its potential convinced the big bosses to acquire it from its creator for the modest sum of 14 million dollars. Since then, PowerPoint has become the go-to program for people who want to wow their audience with spectacular presentations.
When you install PowerPoint, it comes with dozens of free backgrounds that you can use as you like. There are also a ton of free powerpoint background templates (opens in a new tab) available for download. You can use your images and those found on the web by importing them or copying and pasting them directly into your presentation. Regardless of the theme you choose, removing the original background is always the first step to take.
How to Erase the Background of Your PowerPoint Presentation
1. First, make sure you’re using PowerPoint’s normal view by switching Normal view in the status bar at the bottom of your window.
2. Next, navigate to the slide where you want to remove the background. If you want to remove the background from all slides, any slide will do.
3. Under the Design tab, click Format the background located in the Personalize band. This will open a menu on the right side of your screen.
4. Select Solid filling under the fill and line part of the menu.
5. Next, set the color to white. If you want to use a different color for your background, feel free to select it.
6. Next, set the transparency of your background to 100%. Your background should automatically turn white after this step.
7. If you want to remove the background from all slides, click the Applies to all button at the bottom Format the background menu pane.