- 2x roles available! 1x full-time, continuous position and 1x full-time, fixed-term position until March 2023
- HEW salary level 5 + 17% superannuation and flexible working arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus
About the role
The Assistant, Research Training Services is responsible for providing research services and support within the College’s Center for Research Services. This includes providing administrative support throughout the application lifecycle, including managing progress, supporting HDR events including conferences, complaints and referrals to other specialist services .
The role contributes to the provision of efficient and effective administrative services to support the activities of the research training services, such as the management of requests by web chat, e-mail and telephone. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and administrative skills.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Problem solving and analytical skills with an ability to understand issues at both a broad strategic level and a detailed operational level.
- Proven track record in successfully implementing change, quality improvement and project initiatives in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in supporting high performing customer focused teams to deliver to a range of customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, as a member of a team, and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to help achieve the strategic goals of all colleges and promote the values of RMIT University.
- Highly motivated, customer focused and proactive with highly developed organizational and time management skills and the ability to handle diverse and multiple functions simultaneously and under pressure.
- Demonstrated high level of computer knowledge – word processing, presentation software, email, Internet and correspondence management databases and demonstrated ability to adapt to new computer environments.
Click here to watch a video with more information.
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a work with children test.
About the Wallet
RMIT’s research and innovation portfolio helps researchers shape the world. The portfolio has a committed, energetic, talented and collaborative team focused on delivering excellent research and innovation results. With a global presence, community and industry connections, we support cutting-edge research and careers that positively impact communities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply‘ link below.
For more information on this position, please see the job description below or contact Michael Xavier via email [email protected]
Applications closed Wednesday 13e July at 11:59 p.m.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and business with more than 95,000 students and nearly 10,000 employees worldwide. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational, and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide the way we live and work together.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and communicate with each other.
RMIT is a disability confident recruitment team and we are happy to tailor the recruitment process to your accessibility needs. Please contact us at [email protected] with your preferred type of communication and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child-safe organization. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing our employees, regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications from all sectors of the community are encouraged and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that while we are still accepting applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19 we are currently prioritizing applications from those who currently have employment rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/