Among the many online presentation platforms, Microsoft PowerPoint is the first choice of professionals. The platform gives you full access to all the tools, themes, layouts, and designs that work wonders for your presentation. A presentation with just the right tone, colors, and simple yet attractive slides will easily win over your audience.
So a direct presentation with beautiful slides will help you manage the flow of your meeting and remind your audience of the key points. Plus, adding slide transitions, tables, charts, animations, and videos will further enhance your presentation.
Nowadays, templates have made life easier for corporate employees. Creating slides from scratch is no longer an option to consider. SlideUpLift gives you an exceptionally well-designed solution Google Slides Themes! Now you can easily create visually captivating presentations. Find the right PowerPoint templates for your presentation from our extensive range of PowerPoint templates.
However, with the current shift of global corporate sectors towards online collaborative activities, what if you have to work on a group presentation? What if you had the task of working as a team on a presentation?
Do not worry! Microsoft PowerPoint allows you to share your presentation, allowing others to easily make changes and modifications to that presentation. The platform takes advantage of cloud technology and allows you to collaborate online. What else? All super easy to handle and work with!
Here we share with you the top five ways to make a collaborative presentation on Microsoft PowerPoint.
1 How to share the presentation?
What’s the first thing to do in a collaborative PowerPoint presentation? Sure! To share.
It’s quite simple, cloud-based, and secure to share your PowerPoint presentation. You must enable privileges to make the file accessible to others who intend to work on the file. Here’s a step-by-step guide to sharing your file:
- Click on your PowerPoint presentation and open the file.
- Locate and select the Share button in the upper right corner of the window.
- PowerPoint will show you a dialog asking you to save your file to SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business. You can choose any of them, as both work the same way.
- You will now be able to invite people to work on your file, either by email or by a URL.
- If you choose to send an email, enter the recipient’s email address. Next, allow the permissions and click on the share option.
- If you choose the Get Link option, you can edit access permissions and generate the link to share with collaborators.
2 Check who is working on what part of the presentation
Once other people start working on the presentation, you will be able to see their profile pictures and name in the upper right corner of the window. Additionally, they will appear on the slide, and their terms and icons will appear next to the slide thumbnails.
This means you can easily see who is operating on which part of the presentation. Any changes will be saved instantly and synced for everyone. Hence, you are guaranteed to get a seamless presentation design procedure.
3 Monitor and track changes
Conflicting edits are inevitable when multiple people are working together. Each time a collaborator changes the presentation, the host receives a notification. You can seamlessly track changes and monitor changes in real time.
When you open the file, you can glimpse the unread changes. Full details, including who edited and when it was saved, will be highlighted in the slide thumbnail panel.
If there are conflicting changes, PowerPoint displays the two changes side-by-side before saving them. This allows you to address these conflicts and resolve them accordingly.
4 Easily access previous versions of the presentation
Cloud-based PowerPoint presentation sharing also has a feature that lets you recover previous versions of your file. This will allow you to monitor file changes over time. Moreover, this process is automatic and therefore does not require any separate effort on your part.
If you want to view previous versions of your presentation, just click File, Info, and Version History.
5 Discuss and negotiate in a group chat
Microsoft PowerPoint helps to start a conversation while working on the presentation. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Find the co-author option next to share.
- Click the Join Group Chat button and you can chat with your collaborators.
This makes discussing ideas super easy and convenient. However, the chat history is not saved. It will start a new chat each time you close and open your chat.
6 Share your views through comments
Finally, you can write comments next to slides and edits. This can provide direct feedback on the slide and help note important talking points.
All you have to do is:
- Click the Review tab.
- Click New Comment and enter your comments.
- Once you post the comment, it will appear when you highlight the particular slide item.
Therefore, here are some ways to share and create a collaborative PowerPoint presentation with your colleagues. Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the fairest forums for doing this conveniently and efficiently.
A PowerPoint presentation may seem quite basic, but is still one of the best choices for any business to convey any message. A good PowerPoint presentation can engage your target audience and help convert your potential prospect into a potential customer. So choose the right platform for a flawless presentation.
- How to make a screencast on Windows 10
- How to use OneDrive for Office 365 on desktop
- Fix Microsoft Outlook stuck on loading profile
- MySQL Performance Optimization: Top 5 Tips for Extremely Fast Queries
- 5 PDF Tricks You Need to Know to Improve Document Productivity